Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week is – Theme Songs for Books We Love. We were so excited to do this list since we love books and music! So many times a song will come on and it will take us back to a story we fell in love with or just had fun reading! Enjoy. ♥
1. Rebel Wing by Tracy Banghart → Zombie by The Cranberries (Review) This song is for the 2nd & 3rd books in this trilogy. The Dominion of Atalanta is at war. It seemed easy for some to ignore that fact, since it didn’t affect them. But they needed to wake up and see the horrors and suffering that were being inflected upon others around them and fight! And Aris did just that, well in a round about way.
Another head hangs lowly, Child is slowly taken, And if violence causes the silence, Who are we mistaking, But you see it’s not me, It’s not my family, In your head in your head, They are fighting…
2. The Return by Jennifer L. Armentrout → What I’ve Done by Linkin Park (Review) Seth is being given a fresh start, to make amends. But he is still haunted and tortured by the acts that he has committed in the past. But with Josie, he is learning that he deserves to have redemption and to try and let go of all of the sins he has committed.
Put to rest what you thought of me, While I clean this slate, With the hands of uncertainty, So let mercy come and wash away, What I’ve done I’ll face myself to cross out what I’ve become, Erase myself, And let go of what I’ve done
3. The Union by T.H. Hernandez → Patience by Guns N Roses (Review) As this series progresses, Evan and Cyrus have a lot of obstacles in their way. They have to be patient as they are bombarded time and again, especially with the horror of something huge looming in the future. If they can make it through all of that, then they can make it through anything.
Girl, I think about you every day now, Was a time when I wasn’t sure, But you set my mind at ease, There is no doubt you’re in my heart now Said woman take it slow, and it’ll work itself out fine, All we need is just a little patience
4. Best Kind of Broken by Chelsea Fine → Everytime by Britney Spears (Review) They were best friends since childhood. Until an event that was beyond painful and horrifying made them fall apart. But now they are faced with seeing each other every day. Levi keeps trying to push her away, Pixie is hurt and confused, and their feelings keep getting shoved behind them. But feelings don’t disappear, and time is making them a ticking time bomb.
Notice me, Take my hand, Why are we, Strangers when, Our love is strong, Why carry on without me?……. I may have made it rain, Please forgive me, My weakness caused you pain, And this song’s my sorry
5. Sins & Needles by Karina Halle → Closer by Nine Inch Nails (Review) When Camden and Ellie were together, they were intense, raw and gritty, just like this trilogy and this song! And all I have left to say is from a quote in this book – “Holy shit, did Camden just spank me? – Ellie”
Help me tear down my reason, help me its’ your sex I can smell, Help me you make me perfect, help me become somebody else I want to fuck you like an animal, I want to feel you from the inside, I want to fuck you like an animal, My whole existence is flawed, You get me closer to god
6. Anew by Chelsea Fine → Everlasting Love by U2 (Review) Tristan and Scarlet. Sigh. Tristan’s love and interactions with Scarlett were incredibly butterfly inducing. And as this trilogy progresses, you’ll see why I chose this song.
I went away, Just when you needed me so, You won’t regret, I’ll come back begging you, Don’t you forget, Welcome love we once knew Open up your eyes, Then you’ll realize, Here I said was my, Everlasting love
7. Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen → I Know Places by Taylor Swift (Review) One of my absolute favorite series of all time, it doesn’t take a genius to see how it steals my every waking thought. So when I bought T. Swift’s cd and heard this song, immediately the image of Rob and Scar running for their lives, racing through the forest was playing continuously through my head…Needless to say I now play this song on repeat to see them even after the series has ended.
Just grab my hand and don’t ever drop it, My love, They are the hunters, we are the foxes, And we run, Baby, I know places we won’t be found, And they’ll be chasing their tails tryin’ to track us down, Cause I, I know places we can hide, I know places
8. Love Show by Audrey Bell → Blue Jeans by Lana Del Rey (Review) This is a gutting type song to go with a gutting type story. Hey, everyone found this so light-hearted and easy-but I thought it was a repeated punch to the gut each time this chick broke Jack’s heart. But he would wait until the end of time for her…and the rest is history. I can’t even. (One of my all time favorite songs)
I will love you till the end of time, I would wait a million years, Promise you’ll remember that you’re mine, Baby can you see through the tears?, Love you more than those bitches before, Say you’ll remember, oh baby, say you’ll remember, Oh baby, who, I will love you till the end of time
9. Unwind by Neal Shusterman → Like People, Like Plastic by AWOLNATION (Review) This raw and gritty series cut me to the core. Every scene, every day as they raced for survival, every look, touch, or embrace shared between Connor and Risa was like a punch to the gut….their primal need and desperation to be free-together-reminds me of this song in ways I can’t even describe. But the rawness…it sticks.
I stand alone and curse at the sky, I stand alone beside you, I’ve never felt so alone in my life, Baby I stand alone beside you
10. No Turning Back by Tiffany Snow → Hot N Cold by Katy Perry (Review) It’s simple: The Bitch is a bimbo. PICK A GUY FOR FUCK’S SAKE !
‘Cause you’re hot then you’re cold You’re yes then you’re no You’re in then you’re out You’re up then you’re down You’re wrong when it’s right It’s black and it’s white We fight, we break up We kiss, we make up (You) You don’t really want to stay, no (You) But you don’t really want to go-o You’re hot then you’re cold You’re yes then you’re no You’re in then you’re out You’re up then you’re down
These are our “Theme Songs for Books We Love”. What are some of yours?