Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
We are so excited, because it’s a Valentines Day Freebie. We already shared Our Favorite Book Boyfriends From Books Laced With Romance last month. So this time we are sharing Our Favorite Book Boyfriends From Paranormal – Science Fiction – Dystopian & Fantasy Worlds. If you can’t tell, we are a little obsessed with our book boyfriends! So enjoy meeting our favorite ones from those worlds and hopefully you’ll find some new books and characters to fall in love with!
Jen’s Book Boyfriends:
1. Daemon Black – Obsidian (Lux #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout – Daemon will lull you into his web and even though you’ll want to kick him or punch him, you know you’ll never be able to do it. Because Daemon is the embodiment of infuriating sexiness. And heaven help me, but I fell for him hard.
2. Tristan Archer – Anew (The Archers of Avalon #1) by Chelsea Fine – Tristan’s dark, sarcastic humor was intoxicating. His selflessness and bravery was endearing. And his love and interactions with Scarlett were incredibly butterfly inducing.
3. Cyrus – The Union (The Union #1) by T.H. Hernandez – Cyrus was one of those characters that captured your attention in a quiet yet bold and confident way. Whether it was baring his soul to Evan, or taking control of a military like tactic. There was no way I couldn’t love him.
4. Prince Ash – The Iron King (The Iron Fey #1) by Julie Kagawa – Prince Ash came across as such a cold-hearted jerk, yet it was so much fun getting to watch his ice facade melt away! Because underneath that frozen exterior was loyalty, protectiveness, trust worthiness, and sarcasm that warmed my heart!
5. Lir – Broken Skies (Broken Skies #1) by Theresa Kay – Lir was someone I could honestly not get enough of! He was thoughtful and smart. He was gentle and sweet. And he was sexy and sarcastic. Looking above I guess I have a soft spot for sarcastic guys lol! But my favorite thing about him was how he eventually treated Jax. It melted my heart.
6. Seth – The Return (Titan #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout – I always ached for Seth, because even though he could be a pompous ass or a manipulative little shit at times, there was always that part of him that constantly suffered (he first appeared in the Covenant Series). He was cocky, playful and we got to see even more of why Seth was someone who was a true friend and deserved our trust and whole heart.
7. Zeke – The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden #1) by Julie Kagawa – Zeke made me want to sneak into this horrific world, just to see him for myself. He was a beautiful person inside and out, but his heart was by far my favorite part of him. His bravery and love for Allie, the vampire, made me fall for him even harder.
8. Rob aka Robin Hood – Scarlet (Scarlet #1) by A.C. Gaughen – He was a true hero with a heart of gold. He tried so hard to take care of others who weren’t able to care for themselves. And he wore their pain and suffering heavily on his shoulders, while keeping it all to himself. He constantly quickened my heartbeat and made me want to curl into a happy little ball.
9. Kallen – True of Blood (Witch Fairy #1) by Bonnie Lamer – 3 years ago I decided to step back into the reading world and picked up this book. I had no clue I could fall for a character until I met Kallen. He became my first book boyfriend and got me back into reading! He was extremely pragmatic and came across as haughty, but I knew there was more going on. He was intoxicating and addicting and I fell madly in love the more I got to know him. Thank you Kallen for allowing me to meet all of the other men I love above!
Chelsea’s Book Boyfriends:
1. Raffe- Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days #1) by Susan Ee – Raffe is, and probably always will be, my number one book boyfriend. From the moment his snarky ass started taking care of Penryn, I knew I was a goner. He tried his hardest not to fall for the daughter of man…but she was always his to love and protect.
2. Rob (Robin Hood)- Scarlet (Scarlet #1) by A.C. Gaughen – I just…I mean…I can’t even. From the moment I met this jealous and closed off boy, I knew his love for Scar would be my undoing. Hiding his true feelings, but protecting her at the cost of his own life time and again…He could never NOT be on my top BBF list.
3. Jazz (Jasper Dent)- I Hunt Killers (Jasper Dent #1) by Barry Lyga – Tortured, misguided, and determined to not become like his old man, Jazz was an IMMEDIATE BBF. He is literally everything. His loyalty, protectiveness, and beautifully fucked up mind will always, always be with me. Not a week goes by I don’t think of him.
4. Nox- Dorothy Must Die (Dorothy Must Die #1) by Danielle Paige – Attitude and a nasty demeanor towards Amy from the very beginning make it seem as if he’d rather her thrown off a cliff than a part of his team…but wait….did they just make googly eyes at one another??? AGHH it’s hate at first sight. Who said the best relationships don’t start off with a little animosity (ultimately leading to that protectiveness I so adore). 5. Elias- An Ember in the Ashes (An Ember in the Ashes #1) by Sabaa Tahir – TORTURED. LOYAL. SOLDIER. BEST OF HIS CLASS. BADASS. BETRAYER?? This boy stole my heart from his first POV. Nothing compares to a weapon-wielding soldier whose heart is as good as gold. Broken down and tested to the brink of his abilities…his honor will win you over-UNDOUBTEDLY.
6. Cal- Red Queen (Red Queen #1) by Victoria Aveyard – Ahhh that lovely weakness for princes is showing again…but not just any prince-a soldier prince. Kind-hearted, loyal, would do anything for Mare and his brother, Maven…and yet another soldier whose heart is easily torn to shreds because of his trusting nature and indisputable kindness.
7. Connor- Unwind (Unwind Dystology #1) by Neal Shusterman – Bad boy. Trouble maker. And at the end of his life because his parents have finally had enough. I can’t even begin to explain how he captured my heart from chapter one. He may have made lots of mistakes…but Risa is not a mistake he’s willing to make-He’d do absolutely anything for her. Aww…these kind-hearted bad boys just stole the show, didn’t they??
8. Peeta Mellark- The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1) by Suzanne Collins – Always and will forever be an absolute favorite. This series stole my heart in 2012, and it never gave it back. But after re-reading THG series this past year (4th time), I realized just how quick I was to forget the boy with the bread. Tsk tsk on me.
9. Aiden- Half-Blood (Covenant #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout – Ahhh there’s apparently a theme here, for me. Yet another soldier that would risk it all for his girl. And hey, perhaps my first soldier BBF. I will NEVER forget my dear Aiden. His intense love for Alex is almost as unforgettable as his amazing gray eyes…whoops. I LOVE HIM (ALL OF THE BOYS, ACTUALLY).
10. Ethan- Some Girls Bite (Chicagoland Vampires #1) by Chloe Neill – I’ve always hated insta-love, but from the first moment we met Ethan in book one, his snarky attitude and immediate one eyebrow raise ensnared me and caused me to eat crow. I will love him forever – unconditionally. My only vampire BBF and perhaps it will always be this way.
Anna’s Book Boyfriends
1. Fitz – Assassin’s Apprentice (The Farseer Trilogy #1) by Robin Hobb – Because this lonely and rejected boy who’s trying to find his place as an assassin? He is filled with flaws but he is trying so hard and his evolution is both realistic and heart-wrenching, I can’t even express how much I adore him. Damn, since I’ve met him more than 10 years ago, none of the characters I read about could take his place in my heart. None of them.
2. Jorg of Ancrath – Prince of Thorns (The Broken Empire #1) by Mark Lawrence – He’s not a BBF per se – let’s be honest, my favorite little cutter is the biggest asshole I’ve ever read about. So, no, thank you. Yet his sarcasm, his complex, tortured and straight-on evil personality made him unforgettable.
3. Froi – Froi of the Exile (The Lumatere Chronicles #2) by Melina Marchetta – What could be more interesting than a man who’s always seeking his place in the world and who tries to refrain himself without never forgetting who he is? What I adored in his personality is the fact that he’s able to see behind the scenes and never hastily judges someone. No, Froi thinks, analyses – and above all that, loves and hates with such passion, craves for some attention – that tortured boy who’s trying so hard to be worthy captured my heart and broke it while he was at it.
4. Laurent – Captive Prince : Volume One (Captive Prince #1) by C.S. Pacat – You can’t even imagine how deep I fell for Laurent. Give me a tortured, complex end borderline psycho heart, I’ll be intrigued. Add a twisted and convoluted mind, I’ll lose my breath. Make him genuinely smile and I’ll love him forever. God, how he made me laugh. I adore him and I MISS HIM ALREADY.
5. Todd Hewitt – The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking #1) by Patrick Ness – Oh, you, little boy who can’t kill and can’t think straight with all that noise and feels so lonely, you’ve won me from the first page. Throughout the trilogy, we have the chance to be witnesses while he’s growing up, becoming a man who we can be proud of. All of his feelings seem so real, so understandable, I couldn’t help to feel my heart actually ache for him.
6. Peeta Mellark – The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1) by Suzanne Collins – I know, I know, not my most original move. But tell me, how can I resist this loyal, endearing and adorable male-lead? *stares* I’ll tell you this, I can’t.
7. Prince Ash – The Iron King (The Iron Fey #1) by Julie Kagawa – Because I needed a Prince somewhere. Okay, I lied. Forget all the broody and wounded male-lead you know : none of them can beat him. Seriously : It took him only one apparition to warm my heart and send a flutter of emotions through me like crazy.
8. Benvolio – Prince of Shadows by Rachel Caine – Benvolio is such a complex and captivating character. I shall marry him someday. He is trust-worthy and loyal where Romeo is charming, but restlessly fights against his own inner demons, either impossible feelings or thirst for blood.
9. Kaz Brekker – Six of Crows (Six of Crows #1) by Leigh Bardugo – Kaz is relentless in his scheming and planning, and just at the moment you think that you finally get his personality, he takes a decision so ruthless that you stand there, wide-eyed. Of course I love him, what do you think, I never could resist snarky criminals who slowly realize that this thing beating wildy, here? That’s their heart.
10. Reyn Khuprus – Ship of Magic (Liveship Traders #1) by Robin Hobb – Aww, my Rain Wilder. Forever a favorite. We hope you had fun looking through our list of Favorite Book Boyfriends From Paranormal – Science Fiction – Dystopian & Fantasy Worlds!
Do you have any of these men on your list of favorite book boyfriends too? If not, hopefully you found some new books to read and some new Book Boyfriends to meet. And we’re curious, what list did you choose to share on your blog today?